Laziness Does Not Exist by Devon Price.
Advice for the budding theorist by Boaz Barak.
How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student? by Aru Ray. See the answer by Jeff Erickson.
- Some materials for new grad students (and their mentors) collected by Mike Rosulek.
- Should I feel bad to not know how to answer a very hard challenging problem that my professors ask?, answered by Jeff Erickson.
- The importance of stupidity in scientific research by Martin A. Schwartz.
- The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life by Radhika Nagpal.
- PhD Rants and Raves (Be afraid. Be very afraid.) by Yannis Smaragdakis.
- Doing (mathematical) research by Peter Cameron.
- Four golden lessons by Steven Weinberg.
- Writing Research Statement for Academic Job by Rocco Servedio.
- How to do math.
- TCS blog aggregator.
- A history of the PCP Theorem
- Understanding the inverse Ackermann function
- On our duties as scientists
- Get a paper rejected with a strange review? You are not alone, look at these giants.
- Tufte-Latex; a very nice Latex package for books and notes.
- Knuth’s lectures on math writing
- Five Proofs of Chernoff’s Bound